About Phrase Dictionary
Our mission at the Phrase Dictionary is to empower people around the world to learn and speak English fluently. We believe that the ability to communicate in English opens doors to new opportunities and enhances personal and professional development.
We are dedicated to providing high-quality resources and support to help people achieve their language learning goals. Our team of experienced teachers and language experts is committed to creating engaging and effective content that is accessible to learners of all levels.
We strive to create a supportive and inclusive community for learners, offering personalized feedback and encouragement along the way. Our ultimate goal is to help people feel confident and proficient in using English in their daily lives.
Our Editorial Policy
At Phrase Dictionary, we are committed to providing accurate, reliable, and objective information to our readers. In order to maintain the integrity and credibility of our content, we have established the following editorial policy:
- Fact-checking: All information published on our website is thoroughly fact-checked and verified by our editorial team. We use reliable sources and double-check facts to ensure that our content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Objectivity: Our editorial team strives to present information in an unbiased and fair manner. We do not allow personal opinions or agendas to influence the content of our articles.
- Plagiarism: Plagiarism is strictly prohibited on our website. All content must be original and properly cited if it is based on the work of others.
- Corrections: If an error is found in one of our articles, we will promptly correct it and note the correction in the article.
- Transparency: We are transparent about our editorial process and disclose any conflicts of interest or funding sources that may influence the content of our articles.
By adhering to these guidelines, we hope to provide our readers with high-quality and trustworthy information. We value your feedback and welcome any comments or suggestions you may have about our editorial policy.
About the Founder
Hi there! My name is Chris and I am an English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher currently living in Canada. I have always had a passion for language learning and teaching, and have spent the past several years dedicated to helping non-native English speakers improve their language skills and achieve their goals.
As an ESL teacher, my ultimate goal is to help my students succeed in their language learning journey and achieve their goals. Whether it’s preparing for a new job, traveling abroad, or simply wanting to improve their communication skills, I am dedicated to supporting my students every step of the way. I am excited to continue my career as an ESL teacher and make a positive impact on the lives of my students.
I hold a degree in Education from Charles Sturt University and a PhD from the Australian Catholic University. Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to work with students of all ages and from a variety of cultural backgrounds, and have developed a strong understanding of the unique challenges and needs that non-native English speakers face when learning a new language.
My Teaching Style
In my teaching style, I prioritize creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for my students. I believe that every student has the potential to succeed and it is my job to help them reach their full potential. To do this, I use a variety of teaching methods and resources, including authentic materials and real-life examples, to help my students better understand and apply the language in practical settings.
Outside of the classroom, I enjoy staying active and exploring the beautiful outdoors that Canada has to offer. I am an avid hiker and love spending my weekends exploring the trails in my local area. I also enjoy reading, cooking, and traveling, and have had the opportunity to visit several countries around the world where I have been able to practice my language skills and learn about new cultures.
Tips for Learning English
Here is a shortlist of my top tips for learning English effectively and quickly:
- Set clear goals: Determine why you want to learn English and what you hope to achieve. This will help you stay motivated and focused on your studies.
- Find a method that works for you: There are many different methods and resources available for learning English, such as textbooks, online courses, and tutors. Experiment with different approaches and find the one that works best for you.
- Practice regularly: Consistent practice is key to improving your skills. Set aside dedicated study time each day or week and make an effort to use the language as often as possible.
- Immerse yourself in the language: Surround yourself with English by listening to music, watching movies, and reading books in English. This will help you become more comfortable with the language and improve your listening and comprehension skills.
- Seek out resources and support: There are many resources available to help you learn English, such as language exchange programs, study groups, and language learning apps. Don’t be afraid to ask for help or seek out additional support if you need it.
- Be patient: Learning a new language can be challenging, and it may take time to see progress. Don’t get discouraged and keep at it! With consistent practice and effort, you will improve.
Further Resources for Learning English
There are many YouTube channels that offer English language learning resources for non-native speakers. Here are a few suggestions:
This channel features a variety of videos with native English speakers that focus on specific grammar points and vocabulary. The videos also include interactive exercises to help you practice and improve your skills.
2. English with Lucy
In this channel, Lucy, an experienced English teacher, offers lessons on a range of topics, including grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation.
3. Rachel’s English
In this channel, Rachel, an American accent coach, provides lessons on how to improve your English pronunciation and reduce your accent.
4. Learn English with Harry
In this channel, Harry, an experienced English teacher, offers lessons on a variety of topics, including grammar, vocabulary, and idioms. The videos are designed to be easy to follow and understand, making them suitable for beginners.
It’s worth noting that there are many other YouTube channels that offer English language learning resources, so be sure to explore and find the ones that work best for you.